March Language Goals
Time for the March language goals yay! ^^
– I plan to use my topik vocab book. It’s kinda fun and I am enjoy it, but its pretty thick so a whole months challenge shall be devoted to it. Luckily March is a real month so thankfully I have 31 days to work with it ^^
– read a little more. I will switch from the Big Bang book to something a little easier to accommodate the other stuff I will be doing. I haven’t decided to what yet though. It can’t be too time consuming.
– talk more. I keep stressing on the writing but if I can talk then I can write, and I think I can grasp talking faster, I have been told I never shut up. hahaha. ^^
– buy one Japanese textbook. If some kind soul could link me to a good beginner textbook, I found Genki and plan on buying it maybe next week or something, I don’t know because I am also eyeing a few Korean things.
– frequent updates. Recently because I was too tired most days to write posts and also wasn’t the happiest bunny I did stick to Instagram more than here which sucks but I will try to post updates here. And more stuff, other than “this is what I did today” haha. ^^ seems like a good plan? hey.
Hey guys (=^-ω-^=)
So its April now, and I got some more of those elusive goals on my list. And I am going to recap some of the goals I had in March (・∀・) and for reference I copy-and-pasted my exact wording from the post I made at the beginning of March.
Recap time ~
1. The topik book. I am happy I did use it almost 3-4 times a week. In the last week though I didn’t touch it once, I was “too tired” from watching drama and generally doing the bare minimum with most things. I don’t mind though because I did almost get mid-way. So I can review it ; talk about it and pretty much all. (･ｪ-)
2. Read a little more. I was supposed to pick a book for reading in April, and I didn’t. I looked at all I had to read (ma selection) and it looked tedious so I generally stuck to gossip (dispatch) and general kpop news articles. About twice weekly or once. (*ﾉ▽ﾉ)
3. Talk more. I did. Not out loud though, in my head, I developed a little habit about week 2 of March where everything I wanted to say in English I just tried mentally translating it ; and if I had my phone I would type it out in a note app. It went well, didn’t last past noon though. But it was better than nothing.
4. Buy a Japanese textbook. I DID IT. I bought a Japanese textbook, and that is step 1. in Japanese learning. And I love my first textbook, its whats been keeping me from taking my topik book further I’m sure I could have been 3/4 in if I didn’t start focusing on Japanese in the last week (╯_╰) but that’s okay. It was in the goals for the month so forgiven.
5. Frequent updates. I didn’t do that. Mmm. (╯_╰) I wanted to, but rather keep my babbling to myself, wouldn’t want pointless junk on here. Would piss me and you all off. m(._.)m I did post a bit on Instagram though (・∀・)
Now them April goals. There is a second language here now so I guess it means the goals-list is DOUBLE long (๑>ᴗ<๑)
Start with my new baby ~ Japanese!!! ^_^
I’m beginner, so the list is a long one, there is loads to be done.
- Perfect my Kana abilities. I have got to have super-strength Kana power by May 1st (ﾉ´ヮ´)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧
- This is big …for now…but I must learn 5 grammars and be able to implement them flawlessly in anything I write.
- Mmm. Could I maybe open a Japanese blog and write one-liners ? ~(＾◇^)/
- Buy one Japanese reference book (something grammar – lets get these early)
- Vocab. I am learning from Genki. Its my only learning source at the moment. + I will look at japanesepod101 I trust their series because koreanclass101 was invaluable to me and sometimes still is (:
- Have fun. This is the most important goal hehe (ﾉ´ヮ´)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧
I think that would be enough for Japanese, I don’t want to rush, but I also don’t want to move at the pace of a tortois and forget what I learn. My short memory means no-review of material learnt = I forget everything. All of it.
Boring I know. So preventative measures will be taken for Japanese just like I did in the beginning of my Korean learning journey (:
Short list 🙂 😉
- Continue with the topik vocabulary workbook from March. I’m not done yet. But I will review it soon either way, I’m sorta half-way (:
- Comprehensive textbook (any. I ordered Ewha 4 and that should be here soon, but I still have Ewha 3-1 on my bookshelf so I will use that first)
- I have Yonsei reading 2 ; but now I want to get book 3 because I am almost done with book 2! I always read it in my spare time, because it happens to be my favourite Korean textbook.
- Continue with Naver (=｀ω´=)
- Review the books I have finished using. It’s a few, if you include ebooks and random stuff its alot.
The list for Korean is a lot shorter eh? ^_^ so that’s it o(｀ω´*)o
I know I’ll do more, but always make the most simple and do-able things known here (:
I always add to my lists actually 🙂
Happy April. (∿°○°)∿ ︵ ǝʌol